Vancouver Fashion Week this year showcased an incredible diversity of talent and styles. From regal flowing dresses in deep blues and golds to bold geometric shapes in monochromatic colours to beautiful floral kimonos and patterned jackets, 2018 had it all.
The diversity of styles seemed like a microcosm for the city itself. Where else can you find a fashion show featuring Indigenous, Japanese, Australian, Chinese, American, and British inspired designs— just to name a few.
There were, however, a few trends to be spotted across the assortment of styles and cultures.
1. Long flowing dresses – The maxi dress enjoyed a comeback a few years ago now and based on the number of ankle-length pieces showcased by designers this year, long flowing dresses are here to stay.
2. Fun, bright colours – There was a range of colour palettes on display at the show, and a person would be hard-pressed to say what season the styles were created for. This year’s designs showcased all the colours of the rainbow, from reds and yellows all the way to blues and purples.
3. Metallics – Metallics were seen everywhere. Gold and silver were woven into several designs as highlights, and a few designers created pieces entirely out of fabrics with a metallic sheen.
4. Florals – Florals are trendy again in Spring 2018! Based on the number of decorative blossoms on jackets, bombers, cardigans and kimonos on display at Vancouver Fashion Week, florals pieces are a must-have this season.
5. Textures – Lace, chiffon, and silk were popular textures throughout the show, and these kinds of luxurious fabrics are sure to make an appearance in wardrobes this year.
Find these trends at our Queensborough Landing stores. Flowing dresses, fun bright colours, and floral jackets are in for Spring and Summer. Come visit us to see a selection of fabulous must-haves.